The model 890e is the latest member of the 890 family of versatile fuel cell test loads. These computer-controlled instruments consist of a multi-range programmable electronic load, fuel flow and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions in a compact rack-mount or bench-top unit. Add the 880 Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA) option for integrated High Frequency Resistance (HFR) and full range Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) measurement.
*NEW* The 890 Series is now supported by the Scribner 885 Integrated Fuel Cell Potentiostat!
Featuring Multiple Current Ranges in 5/25/50A, 10/50/100A, 12/62/125A or 25/125/250A Configurations (at 125W or 500W).
The 890e is the latest member of the 890 family of versatile fuel cell test loads. The 890e is a computer controlled instrument with a multi-range programmable electronic load, fuel flow and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions in a compact rack mount or bench top unit. The 890e series loads are targeted at small to medium size (up to 250A, 500W) single cell or low-power stack for laboratory research. The 890e’s multiple current range capability enhances its versatility and performance over a wide range of test applications and test environments.
The 890e sets the new benchmark, in value and performance, for fuel cell test loads. The 890e is fully compatible with FuelCell® (Windows 2000/XP) software package creating a powerful tool for conducting your experiments.
The 890e is designed for use with a fuel cell or stack, custom or third-party fuel management unit, and our optional internal model 880 Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA) for full-spectrum Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) and continuous High Frequency Resistance (HFR) measurement.
• Remote operation from IEEE-488 (GPIB) interface configured from front panel
• Multifunction front panel text display with function select button
• Electronic load with three current ranges for high measurement accuracy over a wide dynamic range
• Constant current, voltage, or power control mode
• Built-in current interrupt cell resistance measurement
• Whole-cell sense voltage input, plus two additional high-impedance reference electrode inputs
• Optional internal FRA with real-time high frequency resistance (HFR) capability
• Connections for Solartron FRA (for models without internal FRA)
• Impedance measurement using whole-cell or either reference electrode input
• Automatic shutdown in hardware for over-current, under-voltage, over-power, load temperature, and cell temperature alarm conditions
• Connector for optional interface box or direct gas management unit
• Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of non-isolated cell
• Internal controllers for anode and cathode humidifier and cell temperatures
• Analog input/output ports for two main mass flow controllers (or DMFC pump) and up to five additional (reformate) mass flow controllers
• Low voltage output signal to control purge gas valves
• Contact inputs for three pressure sensors or alarms
• Low voltage output signal to indicate alarm condition
• RS485 digital interface for external temperature controllers
• Optional interface box for non-integrated fuel system designs
FuelCell® Software Capabilities
• Apply and control a current, voltage, or power load on the fuel cell under test
• Measure fuel cell impedance at full operating current (requires additional hardware)
• Operate the purge and fuel gas streams for a PEM type fuel cell
• Control fuel cell test fixture and gas humidification temperatures
• Scale fuel cell parameters for area, current, and operating voltage
• Monitor performance over a wide range of time intervals
• Display data using a wide variety of axis formats
• Observe fuel cell performance through cell resistance and Tafel slope measurement
• Save data files and experimental setup parameters to disk
• Run with, or without, fuel gas control
• Select from 13 preset graphs, or create graphs from any of 11 variables and time
• Data easily imported into a wide range of spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel
• Built-in impedance measurement software
• For additional information about load sizes, performance data, pricing, and receiving a demonstration disk or complete specifications for the test load systems and FuelCell® software package, contact us.