Pragma Industries produces heating gas hoses specifically designed for fuel cell experiments.
Connecting a fuel cell on different sides to a test station can be difficult if the hoses are too rigid. For this reason, we have designed hoses with a very low bending radius. They are more easily connected to your fuel cell apparatus.
Furthermore, in other commercial hoses, the temperature is measured against the inner core and not in the gas stream, leading to inaccurate controlling. For a fuel cell, temperature of entering gas streams is critical, especially for humidification control. In our hoses, the temperature is measured in the gas stream, only a few millimeters away from the tip. Temperature measurement of the gas entering the cell cannot be more accurate.
Adapted to the harsh environment of a fuel cell, they are fully constructed from high-grade stainless steel.
• Full stainless steel construction
• Dual temperature measurement
• Very low bending radius
• length: 80 or 160cm
• Bending radius: 50 to 80mm depending on diameter
• Gas stream temperature measurement at outlet
• Inner core material temperature sensor for security
• Temperature sensors: K type
• Internal diameters available: 6, 8, 10, 12mm
• Gas connectors: Swagelok compression fittings
• Max operating pressure: 5 barg
• Power supply: 110V or 220V on wire
• Inner core: ringed stainless steel tube + stainless steel braid
• Mid layer: fiber glass felt insulation
• Outer layer: high temperature foam insulation
• External layer: protective polyamid braid
• End caps: PTFE body + silicone sleeve
Temperature control modules
Single Cell Research-Grade Fuel Cell Hardware