The 850e is ideal for single-cell and short-stack fuel cell research and university programs, and the powerful FuelCell® software package is included for controlling station operation.
The model 850e Multi-Range Fuel Cell Test System is a complete test station for operation and measurement of PEM/DMFC fuel cells. The 850e combines a computer-controlled instrument (multiple current-range programmable electronic load, fuel and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions) with fuel handling hardware in an integrated bench-top unit. The 850e uses the proven 890e as the basis for the electronic load design. The 850e may be used with a single-cell or small stack, a host computer, and reactant and purge gas supplies.
• Electronic load: 100W, 20V
• Multiple current range electronic load choices: 5/25/50A or 10/50/100A
• Suitable for up to 50 cm2 PEM cells.
• Computer controlled operation using FuelCell software with GPIB interface.
• Temperature controlled anode and cathode humidifiers.
• Computer control of anode and cathode mass flow rates.
• Automatic control of N2 purge gas to cell.
• Detection of pressure loss for reactant and purge gasses.
• High performance 316L stainless steel humidifiers, and heated gas transfer lines.
• Constant current, voltage or power control modes.
• Continuous cell resistance measurement.
• Automatic hardware shutdown for over-current, under-voltage, over-power, load temperature, and cell temperature alarm conditions.
• High impedance whole-cell and reference electrode sense inputs.
• Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of a non-isolated cell.
NEW OPTION: Automated Humidifier Bypass Valves for Wet/Dry Testing!
• Automatic shutdown and N2 purge on under-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, loss of reactant or purge gas pressure, low water, communications failure, or external alarm
• Front panel mounted EMO (emergency shutoff)
Publications featuring the model 850e:
“Microwave-assisted synthesis of Pt/CNT nanocomposite electrocatalysts for PEM fuel cells”
“Defining the Operational Conditions for High Temperature Polymer Fuel Cells in Naval Environments”
“Effect of CO2, HCO3- and CO3-2 on Oxygen Reduction in Anion Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells”
“Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells 9, Issue 1″
“Comparison of the Sulfur Poisoning of PBI and Nafion PEMFC Cathodes”
“Electrolytic Performance of In203-Supported Pt/C Nanoparticles for Ethanol Electro-oxidation in Direct Ethanbol Fuel Cells”
850 Auto Multigas Unit for Automated Gas Input Switching for 850 Series Test Systems
885 Fuel Cell Potentiostat for 850 / 890 Series Test Systems
Single Cell Research-Grade Fuel Cell Hardware
Cell Compression Unit for advanced single cell testing
Manual Back Pressure Units
Automatic Back Pressure Unit
880 Frequency Response Analyzer
892 Data Acquisition Expansion System
896 Stack Monitor System